Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Displaying Daddy's Missionary Tag

I love talking to my husband about his mission in Argentina!  It is one of my favorite things and I am working really hard to get a book put together with his emails and pictures together so that I can read it to our kids.  I want the fact that their daddy is a return missionary to be something my kids are aware of and proud of, I want them to ask him about it and hear his stories.  So when I saw this idea for displaying David's missionary tag I knew I had to do it!!

I could not figure out how to order from Shadow Reflections, if you can let me know
I went digging and actually found one of David's old mission shirts (it was wrapped around a few figurines and stuff that had been packed away).   I found a black 8x8 shadow box at Target (usually $10 but I got it during a sale for $6).  I had to trim down the shirt a little bit so it would fit but I really liked how it turned out.  

I chose not to do a boarder because that would have taken a more expensive frame and well... we are in grad school.  I may redo it more exactly like the pinterest version later down the line but for now I really like it and actually look forward to stealing extra name tags from my kids when they return and having set of these.  It would work just as well with a blouse and a sister's tag.  This currently lives in the hallway outside my sons room where we walk by it everyday.  DJ is still little but I make sure I point it out pretty regularly.  

Besides the traditional missionary plaque how do you keep your or your spouses mission as part of your home?  


No comments:

Post a Comment