Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Quiet Book page: Noah's Ark

So I am in the quiet book co-op where we each do one page but you do it for 12 people and then they each give you a page in return.

My page was Noah's Ark.  I got some of my ideas from this girl.  But really went my own way with it.

I did the animals as finger puppets (much like my earlier nativity post).  I did lions, tigers, bears, elephants, and turtles.

The ark opens at the top (like a jean pocket) and all the animals fit inside.




Because I didn't want to do 120 animals I only did one of each but if you are doing it just for you you could easily do two of each.  Create your template my drawing you tomb stone shaped bodies on paper the size you want them. Mine are about 2 1/2 inches tall and and inch wide.  Then cut out the paper and use it to cut out your felt.  Remember you will need two for each animal.  For the elephant the ears are actually one piece with a middle that threads through the body.  The turtle legs and head are the same way.  Actually with the turtle I didn't cut out two bodies I just used the shell as the other side of the puppet.




I am really happy with my page.  Hopefully I'll be able to share the other ones we did soon as well.

Any good ideas for scripture quiet book pages.  I want to do an all scripture one on my own and need ideas for which stories and how to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment