Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

DIY aden + anais stamped blankets

So here is another gift someone gave me with little man.  Those Aden + Anais blankets.  Again never would have spent the money on them myself but ended up loving them in the hot months.  Since these 3 little girls are all coming in May they are going to need swaddle blankets that wont roast them.

So when I my friend sent me this tutorial from Hello Copeland I had to try it.  Once again the hardest part of this was finding the fabric.  So back to fabric.com I went.  I ended up with 6 yards of this gauze.  They have several colors and a few patterns but I went with solid so we could stamp them.  I already had stamps lying around in my boxes so I used them and all I had to do was buy the ink, which was $5 at Michael's.

Her's


I just cut 1 yard sections and roll hemmed the edges.  I think they turned out pretty well.

Mine, I did giraffes on this one and lions on the other.  
Cost of a 4 pack at Target: $34.99 or 8.75 a piece
Mine: $23.88 for 6 yards of fabric and $5 for a stamp pad.  Made 6 at $4.81 a piece.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used "Color Box: Archival Dye" It is in the stamps section. Basically you are looking for a stamp pad that says it's permanent, and that was the one available at my Michael's in purple. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete