Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

DIY Nursing Shawl

So we've all seen those nursing covers I like to call "glorified bibs".  Yeah I got one with little man and all I can say is I hate them like crazy.  My back was never covered, if the baby wiggled it slipped, and that metal hoop thing was so big anyone who stood next to me while I was nursing had a full view down my shirt.  Honestly I liked using a blanket way better.

See what I mean about these things.... they want $34 for these big old bibs that do diddly squat!  (forgive my tirade but I really do hate them... like a lot. 


So that is why I loved the idea of this one from crafty crafts sooo much.  It's light and covers all the way around, plus you can look and see what the baby is doing without having the whole world look down your shirt.

Her's 


I got the fabric at fabric.com again.  I love the color and how light and airy it is.  It was sooo easy to make and turned out beautifully.  Her directions where super easy for me to understand and even easier to follow.

Again I'm not modeling right now... maybe in a few months when I have  nursing baby under it I'll add a picture.
Cost: $12.57 for 3 yards of fabric or $4.19 a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment