Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Baby Food

Okay so I should being this post by saying my son is a beast! Not that he is huge mind you (he is 6 1/2 months and still in 0-3 month clothes). He can down food like there is no tomorrow.  For example today I went to Golden Corral with DJ and Grandma.  DJ is of course at the 'if you are eating big people food then I want to eat big people food' stage.  So I got some mashed potatoes and gravy and thought I'd feed him some and finish the rest.  Well... 2 cups of mashed potatoes and 1/2 of my orange sherbet (yes I know ice cream... don't judge me... at least there was no milk it it) later I finally had to get up and remove him from the food so he would stop eating.  SERIOUSLY! This kid will eat till the cows come home.  Any who, we obviously can't afford to feed him tons of store bought baby food so I used this pin.  And used some of there recipies.

 *my* Swaccoli and Apples

DJ loves the Swaccoli (Sweet potatoes and Broccoli) and the apples went over really well.  In the apples I used Nutmeg instead of cinnamon for half of them and he likes those ones better.   I also used their instructions for peaches to do nectarines.  Only I left the skin on them.  DJ loves the nectarines.  He eats them at the end of every meal and actually prefers them to the sweet stuff my husband is always trying to give him.  *score for healthy*  Now we have not tried any of the recipes over the 6-9 month range but the ones younger are great.  Maybe in a few months I'll revisit this and let you know about the older ones.  But at least for pureed stuff, this site is a winner!

What is your kids favorite baby food?  How do you make it?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried making pureed baby foods, our luck is I would spend the time and money and effort and then have a ton of food Lincoln wouldn't eat. And he's stayed in the "I want big food too stage" so we just do table foods with him for the most part and just do jarred food occasionally...but no judgments with the ice cream...We give Lincoln tastes of those "fun foods" too. It's just too fun to see their reactions!

    ReplyDelete