Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Car Seat Canopy

So I love these! The first one I made for myself took me about 2 hours but now I can whip them out in 30 minutes.  They are an inexpensive and yet very nice baby shower gift.   I got the idea from both of these pins.  I melded both patterns.   I did not like the buttons or the Velcro, especially for gifts (you never know what kind of carrier they will have and what size the handle is).  Instead I used ribbon.  That way you can tie it on no matter what size you want.  I'll show the picture of the one I made for my son.  We really love it! A definite MUST DO for any mom.  Don't pay the $50 plus dollars, even the most basic sower can do this.


 Pin number 2
blog number one

Mine... still has buttons, I changed it after a while to ribbon

Did you buy or make your canopy? If you made it did you modify the pattern in anyway?

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to make one of these for Lincoln when he was little, but he never spent enough time in the car seat for me to feel motivated to actually spend the time. However, I always looked at them and felt they needed some elastic around the hem to hold the canopy down around the car seat so that on windy days it would stay in place rather than blow all over the place (it's super windy here in OK..). I like your ribbon idea...good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elastic would be a great idea! We had a few windy days and the front got blown into babies face... but never exposed him.... hmmm. I hats sewing elastic though... maybe some hooks that would clip to the ends to the car seat... I'll have to play with it.

      Delete