Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Felt Finger Puppet Nativity

So I grew up in a home with a Mother who LOVES nativities.  I don't know how many she has now but last time I checked it was around 75.  From cheap Walmart ones, to homemade, to foreign she loves them and decorates every inch of the house in them during the Holidays.  My siblings and I have started giving her a new one every year (not an easy feat anymore).  This year, in celebration of having her first Grand-baby, I decided to make her one that the grandchildren could play with without breaking.  I got my idea from these two pins.

Both of these are sewn, and well.... I have very little patients with my sewing machine and small pieces.  So... I used hot glue.  Now you may be asking "wont little fingers pull that apart?"  No they wont!  I went at those things with hot glue like a kinder-gardener with elmers glue.  I wanted to do a sheep and a camel but ended up not.  They would be pretty easy though.  Any who for pictures and tips if you want to do on yourself.

All of them together (excuse the glare)
Angel... so you can see the brown line around her.  I used marker to trace my pattern and on the lighter felt is soaked through... sad days.  Also the wings are a solid piece behind the body.

Joseph... If you wanted you could stitch marks on the lantern to make it more obvious as to what it is.
Wise man #1.  I just cut a left over square of fabric for the gift.
Shepard.  So I couldn't get the 'crook' to hold up well so I cut the curvy part off so it wouldn't droop.  If you are determined you may need to iron stiff stuff to the back



Wise man #2

Mary and Baby.  I chose to put them together.  You could do a separate one with the baby in the manger like in the Esty pin.

Wise man #3

Donkey.  Not super happy with this one but not sure what to do different.  Any ideas?

The Cow.  I am actually really proud of this one.  He makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment